Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Short List Of Movies Or Films Without Full Reviews: part 5

As a lover of cinema, I watch a lot of stuff. Sadly, I don't have the time, energy or even desire to write reviews for everything I see. Rather than to just continue to let these movies sit on a list, I've decided to post them here with a rating and maybe a little word or two. If you trust my judgement or agree with me on my decisions, then maybe this will be helpful to you in finding some keen new stuff to watch. I think it will also free up my mind a bit to see a much shorter list of things to review in the future. That being said, here we go!

----------

The first one wasn't great, this one isn't really even any good. It's just a reason to revisit the original characters with minimal storyline. 1 out of 5 stars, at best.

----------

Okay, great potential.... poorly thought out ending. Can't say it was terrible, but it wasn't at all as good as I was lead to believe it would be. Ah, well.... 2 out of 5 stars.

----------

Jeff Dunham is a funny guy. His show wasn't terrible. I found myself getting into it the further along it went. 3 out of 5 stars.

(No trailer for this television program.)

----------

An interesting documentary look at the adult industry. Primarily it focuses on certain 'stars', but it does look at more than just that. It's worth the time, if you're interested in that side of the tracks. 3 out of 5 stars.

----------

I can honestly say that I was geeked about seeing this movie after all I'd seen, read and heard about it. The end product that I saw was less than stellar. It didn't live up to the hype and had a pretty lame killer. I don't really recommend this to anyone. It's a rainy day, nothing else on kind of movie.... if even that. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars for a good effort.

----------

Once again, the folks at 'Jackass' HQ decided to release an inbetween flim, a .5. And also, once again, they've created something just as good as the original. For a fan like me, it's a wonderful thing to have these little filler films. I give it a 4 out of 5 star endorsement. This is about as good as it gets.

----------

I'd like to know why Cyril Raffaelli and David Belle aren't international action stars. I'd like to know why they aren't making tons of action films together. That's not to say that they're not working actors, because they are. Anyway.... I'd also like to know why this film and it's predecessor aren't more well known? They're both awesome films written by the infamous Luc Besson. I guess I'll never know the why's, all I can do is try and recommend them to as many people as possible. This is a 4 out of 5 star masterpiece.

----------

A horrible movie trying too hard to be a female version of the 'Evil Dead' flims. Pure crap. 1 out of 5 stars.

----------

The sequel to this, which is actually a prequel, was better than this one. This movie wasn't great and a big part of that was the fact there is little to no Scooby-Doo in it at all. It's mostly about the gang and all their interpersonal stuff. I can't say that it's good, but my kids liked it. 2 out of 5 stars.

----------

I love Radha Mitchell. I am leary of giant killer croc movies. Greg McLean, director of 'Wolf Creek', is a master of horror.... so I had faith that this might be good. It was. 'Rogue' may not be the best horror movie ever made, but it's above average. 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I commend you on your willingness to sift through the chum-barrel that is modern movie-making. Like me, you seem to be a sucker for story. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete