Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Short List Of Movies Or Films Without Full Reviews: part 1

As a lover of cinema, I watch a lot of stuff. Sadly, I don't have the time, energy or even desire to write reviews for everything I see. Rather than to just continue to let these movies sit on a list, I've decided to post them here with a rating and maybe a little word or two. If you trust my judgement or agree with me on my decisions, then maybe this will be helpful to you in finding some keen new stuff to watch. I think it will also free up my mind a bit to see a much shorter list of things to review in the future. That being said, here we go!

----------

This is one of my favorite sci-fi films of the past decade. It blew me away the first time I saw it and is now proudly in my DVD collection. Easily 5 out of 5 stars.

----------

A decent remake, with a good cast and a good director. Not the best movie ever made, but well worth the time to watch and possibly to even own if it's a good price. 3 out of 5 stars.... why do I think of the 'Money Train' everytime I see this movie poster?

----------

Probably not a popular thing to be a fan of Mr. McConaughey, but I am. This movie was fluffy fun and doesn't leave much of an impression. 3 out of 5 stars.

----------

I think by now that it's a well known fact that I have a huge man-crush on Ryan Reynolds. Basically, what that means is that I want to see all of his movies. This one was pretty good. Funny, cute and romantic. 3 out of 5 stars.

----------

Poor Guy Ritchie was dealt a nasty hand when he married Madonna. His career just tanked after that. Then 'Sherlock Holmes' came out. This movie was everything he's capable of and I can't wait for the sequel. (and not just because Noomi Rapace is in it.) I awarded this one 4 out of 5 stars. A smart and fun piece of cinema.

----------

Gotten tired of all the typical serial killer movies out there? If you haven't seen this yet, then you should. It's a breath of fresh air and a 3 out of 5 star movie going experience.

----------

It's hard not to like this film, believe me.... I tried. It is just a simple story of redemption and family. There is nothing about this film not too enjoy. 4 out of 5 stars was the only rating that made sense.

----------

I wanted to like this movie so much, but it just isn't all it could have been. Perhaps I missed something or was expecting too much? I don't know. 2 out of 5 stars.

----------

Part anthology of terror, part comedy, part horror. This movie has it all and in just damn good fun. It's a 3 out of 5 star movie with not nearly a big enough audience.

----------

This is not the usual movie to see on my blog, nor is it a popular one for me to have enjoyed.... but I did. This movie reminded me of all the dogs I've had in the past and made me sad that they were gone. This is a well done movie that is designed to tug at your heart strings. I cried. (yeah, I know.) 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment