Friday, August 19, 2011

my very brief thoughts on.... 'Class of Nuke Em' High'

I have the utmost respect and love for Lloyd Kaufman. I've met him and he's an extremely nice and passionate man. He IS independent film, in my opinion. I put him up on a huge pedastal. He makes low budget crap fests that will shock you and gross you out, but you have to give him credit for doing things his way all his life. He also tries to help out up and coming film makers and is always willing to share his wisdome and vision with anyone who'll listen. I love the man.

All of that being said, I did not like 'Class of Nuke Em' High'. Sorry Lloyd, this one is even beyond me. This movie is regarded as a Troma classic by lots of people and I'm not sure why. It's confusing and doesn't make a whole lot of sense, plot wise. It doesn't seem to have much heart to it, it's just a movie for the sake of making a movie. It's gross outs for the sake of gross outs. There just isn't much of anything good about this movie. The best part was the beginning, seeing the Troma Studios logo, and the ending, when I knew it was over. For some reason, they felt it necessary to make two sequels to this and I even tried to watch the 2nd, hoping that I might get the joke and enjoy it. That didn't happen.

This movie is barely a 1 out of 5 star attempt from Troma. They may be known for putting out low budget shock fests, but they've also put out some things that are amazing cult classics. I know that Lloyd has the ability to bring the world great things.... I've seen it happen. One way or the other, stay away from the 'Class of Nuke Em' High' series. They're not worth the price of admission.

If you want good Troma, check out: 'Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead', 'Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD' and the 'Toxic Avenger' movies

No comments:

Post a Comment